About the network
The Osteoporosis and Fragility Fracture Policy Network brings together leading experts and commentators in osteoporosis and fragility fractures, policy change and wider societal issues such as healthy ageing and support for carers.
The members of the Network first collaborated to develop Osteoporosis and fragility fractures: a policy toolkit, a comprehensive resource for policymakers. The toolkit outlines the case for change and priority actions policymakers can take to improve the prevention, care and management of people living with osteoporosis and those at risk of fragility fractures.
The Network aims to support policy engagement efforts across Europe, by helping to disseminate the recommendations and key messages they developed as part of the policy toolkit.
The day-to-day activities of the Network are led by the Secretariat (run by The Health Policy Partnership), which in turn is guided by the Network’s Expert Advisory Group (EAG).
The Network was initiated and is funded by Amgen (Europe) GmbH.
Expert Advisory Group
The following experts generously donate their time to advise the Osteoporosis and Fragility Fracture Policy Network Secretariat:
Honorary Patron, Health First Europe; Former Member of the European Parliament; Former Health Minister, UK
Geratologist, City, University of London, UK
President, International Osteoporosis Foundation; Professor of Rheumatology and Director, MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit; Vice-Dean of Medicine, University of Southampton; Professor of Epidemiology, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
Chair, Global Alliance for Musculoskeletal Health of the Bone and Joint Decade (G-Musc); Professor, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Medical Park Berlin Humboldtmühle and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Clinical Director, Trauma and Orthopaedics, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK; representative of the Fragility Fracture Network
Project Manager, FOKUS Patient; Former Member of Parliament, Sweden
Associate Professor of Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment, Maastricht University, the Netherlands
President, European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering and Science; Professor, Medical Technology, University of Oulu, Finland
Maria Teresa Parisotto
Chief Nurse Advsior, Fresenius Medical Care; Executive Director, European Specialist Nurses Organisation
Secretary General, Parliamentarians for Diabetes Global Network; Former Member of Parliament, UK
The following individuals and organisations are also members of the Network:
- Casandra Cristea, Project Manager, C’entro associazione, Italy
- Ansa Holm, Executive Director, Finnish Osteoporosis Association, Finland
- Conor Hurson, Clinical Orthopaedic Lead, Irish Hip Fracture Database, Ireland
- Nadia Kamel, Project Officer, Eurocarers
- Andreas Kurth, Professor, Campus Kemperhof, Community Clinics Middle Rhine; Chairman, Dachverband Osteologie, Germany
- Michaël Laurent, Board Member, Belgian Bone Club; Consultant, Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, University Hospitals Leuven; Attending Geriatrician, Department of Geriatrics, Imelda Hospital Bondheiden, Belgium
- Andréa Marques, Professor, Nursing School of Coimbra; Registered Nurse of Rheumatology, Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra, Portugal
- Moira O’Brien, Emeritus Professor of Anatomy, Trinity College Dublin; President, Irish Osteoporosis Society, Ireland
- Diana Pǎun, Associate Professor or Endocrinology, CI Parhon National Institute of Endocrinology, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Romania
- Didier Poivret, Rheumatologist, Regional Hospital Metz-Thionville, France
- Wolfhart Puhl, Professor Emeritus, University Ulm, Germany; Past President, European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Olli Simonen, Chairman, Finnish Osteoporosis Society, Finland
- Marcel Smeets, Senior Consultant, European Ageing Network
- Pauliina Tamminen, Self-management Coordinator, Finnish Osteoporosis Association, Finland
- Sari Tervonen, Executive Director, Carers Finland, Finland
- Thierry Thomas, Professor of Medicine and Head of Rheumatology, University Hospital St Etienne, France
- Stecy Yghemonos, Director, Eurocarers
For more information or if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com